- 03/18/2019 - Dr. Zhang is named as McKnight Presidential Fellow.
- 04/25/2018 - Congrats to Yadan Fan for receiving the prestigious Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship!!
- 03/12/2018 - Congrates to Dr. Rizvi, whose paper was selected the AMIA TBI student paper competition!
- 09/20/2017 - Welcome Jake joining the team as a NLP programmer
- 09/05/2017 - Welcome Dr. Rubina Rizvi joining the team as a postdoctral research associate
- 03/30/2017 – PhD student Yadan is the second place winner on AMIA CRI Student Paper Competition.
- 03/21/2017 – Three student papers were accepted by MEDINFO 2017.
- 03/14/2017 – Our lab received a R01 research grant from NIH/NCCIH (Dr. Zhang is the PI)!
- 06/16/2016 – Two student papers were accepted by AMIA 2016.
- 06/07/2016 – Dr. Zhang is attending ODS Research Practicum.
- 02/29/2016 – Our work on literature mining for drug-supplement interactions highlighted:
How Your Supplements Interact With Prescription Drugs by LAURA LANDRO
“Researchers at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis are exploring interactions between cancer drugs and dietary supplements, based on data extracted from 23 million scientific publications, according to lead author Rui Zhang, a clinical assistant professor in health informatics. In a study published last year by a conference of the American Medical Informatics Association, he says, they identified some that were previously unknown.”
- 02/27/2016 – we received Best Poster Award in BHI-2016 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics