Postion title: Post-doctoral Associate
● Regularly conduct computational experiments to execute algorithms on various health and biomedical informatics projects
● Assist with new project development including literature review, study design.
● Work under general supervision but usually is given the latitude to make decision on projects that s/he is accountable for delivering on; decisions may involve an approach from among alternatives, determining how to best use available resources
● Design and/or implement AI methods, summarize findings, and generate study results for research topics
● Write, edit or critique technical reports and/or publications describing research results to sponsors or funders of the research,
● Communicate and present analytical results to researchers, faculty, and other academic professionals in associated fields of expertise (spoken presentations, poster or written work summaries for display, panels, and other formats).
● A Ph.D. degree in Biomedical/Health Informatics, Computer Science, Information Science, Computational Linguistics, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related technical field.
● Strong programming skills in Python, Java, etc.
● Expertise in machine learning, neural networks, and deep learning
● Excellent writing and communication skills
● Highly motivated, ability to identify potential problems and develop solutions.
● Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever changing needs
● Research experience in natural language processing on biomedical and/or clinical texts, computer vision on medical images, causal inference, predictive modeling on longitudinal data.
● Expertise in transformers, reinforcement learning, transfer learning
● Experience with leading projects within a research team
● Working knowledge of modern web service and/or software implementation
● Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of research scientists with different skill sets and expertise
● Strong experience with peer-reviewed publications